Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Christian

My Precious Child,

It's hard for me to write this. It's hard for me to imagine that my little bitty boy is a whole year old. Maybe it's selfish...but it's true.

My heart is heavy with the idea that you are growing...growing older, growing more independent, growing bigger, growing up. What will I do when I cannot hold you across my body and nurse you to sleep? What will I do when you don't need me to?

How can this ever get better? How can I love you more? These are the questions I ask myself as your special approaches. Because it's not just you who is growing...it's me, too.

You have changed the world just by existing. You have enhanced my life just by smiling at me. You have given me purpose by needing me. And you have made life so so much sweeter with those amazing kisses that you give unselfishly!

Dear God, I pray I can be a good Mommy to you every day for the rest of your life and mine. I pray that you will grow up to be a good man like your Daddy. He loves you as much as Mommy does. And I pray that you always know what so many people spend their entire lives trying to figure out; that you matter. And that you have forever changed an old heart that will forever be unworthy of your love.

Mommy loves you so much, Son. More than you can ever know. And if you can grow, so can my heart. And I will love you more and more with every passing day.

Happy Birthday, My Love. God bless you and keep you always by His side.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment