Monday, December 26, 2011

Catching Up...

Can you believe I didn't blog ONE single time during the WHOLE month of November and even December? I have SO much catching up to do it's not even funny.

Soooo...maybe I just knock it out in one big, concise, inclusive blog?!?! I say, "YES!"

November:
I bought a house! That's right! I guess that makes me an official adult now...More to come on our house...
Signing my life away!
Ken, Christian and Diane (Our real estate agent...)
Christian is very important in his rolling chair at the closing...
The sweet congratulatory dessert our waitress made us at the Cheesecake Factory after our closing
Somehow Christian lost his britches at the new house while we were helping Daddy "fix it up"
Smiles for Mommy! You can see the heinous color the previous tenants used int he sun room. We have had to repaint the WHOLE house...28 gallons (and counting) later and it doesn't hurt your eyes to look at the walls...

Christian LOVES taking "big boy baths"! No more baby bath tubs for this little guy!

Christian also went from loving baby food to only wanting "big boy food" like, overnight...so he's in this weird stage where he wants to eat everything you're eating, but he doesn't have the teeth to do it with! He has one tooth coming in right now and as far as teething is concerned, you'd never know a difference in his personality. He's not drooling any more than usual. He doesn't appear to be in any pain or discomfort. It's kind of strange. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop (which I'm sure it now will since I just had to open my big mouth...)
Eating meatballs (HIS FAVORITE!) and sweet potato french fries...

I went through Holiday at my store and we rocked it out BIG TIME! I'm sad that the Christmas season is over...I'm probably the ONLY person in retail who LOVES Christmas in retail.
My Holiday Team!
My AMAZING management team and their FEARLESS leader!
Grandma INSISTS on dressing me up...


Christian got to hang out with his BFF, Zeryk. Christian LOVES Zeryk...and Zeryk tolerates Christian. In his family, Zeryk is the youngest and whenever someone refers to Christian as "the baby", Zeryk is quick to remind them that he is "the baby". It's pretty funny! One day I asked Zeryk if Christian was his buddy. Zeryk said, "No! He's my friend." I had to laugh...but am so thankful that Christian gets to spend time with other children.
Christian is on the move! And he is into EVERYTHING! He has a ball playing on the floor with his toys and with Remmy's and we have officially lost the "don't play with that toy it's Remmy's toy" battle.
Yay for toilet paper!


December:
Christian is doing much much better at sleeping through the night! He will usually sleep for about 6 hours straight (and sometimes even 8 on a really good night!) before waking up to be nursed. I have no pictures to represent this change in his life, but you can visibly see a difference in the reduction of bags underneath my eyes. Sometimes when I get home from work, I miss nursing him to sleep if he's already in bed. But I realize it's part of Christian growing up and needing Mommy less and less. It's such a bittersweet thing...

Christian went to see the doctor on the 8th of December for his 9 month checkup! The doctor confirmed that Christian is a healthy happy boy who remains in the 10th percentile for growth. We are absolutely fine with having a little guy with a big personality! I will do a separate post for this checkup because there was a lot of information learned...
Daddy celebrated his birthday on the 9th! We took Daddy out for a day of shopping and a dinner of sushi...

On the carousel with Daddy
LOVES playing on the playground
Making friends wherever he goes...
Dancing with our waitress...we're pretty sure Christian has a thing for Asian women.
SUSHI! Mana from the gods!
Christian also got to see Santa! And he LOVED him...naturally, my child knows where his bread is buttered...

Grandma still loves to dress me up...

We spent Christmas at my mother's house...it was wonderful! I will do a longer blog of Christmas day, but we had so much fun!
TOYS!

We've had some busy months! And our little man has flourished. You never understand how thankful you are until you take time to stop and recognize all of your blessings...and the Clarks aren't short on blessings! Here's to a quick "wham-bam-thank you-ma'am!" catch up blog!

1 comment:

  1. The thanks giving outfits were too cute! made me laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete