Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Might Be Pregnant If...

1)  You think of driving to work as "running the gauntlet" since there are no reputable restrooms along the way and any length of time over 20 minutes means extreme bathroom-going upon destination arrival...if you make it.
2) You mentally rank said non-reputable restrooms from 1-10 according to various sanitation levels.
3) Ice cream is now a staple on your grocery list...coming before bread, milk, eggs and juice.
4) You wonder how much waddling it will take for someone to notice you are pregnant.
5) You gauge the width of entryways before entering.
6) Your husband's boxers and t-shirts have become your boxers and t-shirts.
7) You notice it takes a lot more lotion to cover your body when slathering up in the morning.
8) You can go from laughing hysterically to "ready-to-kill-someone" in .5 seconds flat.
9) And then rebound by crying in .2
10)Your husband wears a gas mask.

If any of this turned your stomach or made you think "ewww", you are NOT pregnant. If you understood, empathized or even snickered, you either are or have been pregnant. 
22 Weeks...ALMOST 6 months!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear your take on motherhood. That is going to entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ice cream is always a staple on my grocery list - pregnant or not :) I was DYING for someone to notice I was pregnant but gah by the 8th month you'll wish they couldn't tell!!! Warn Ken that the gas mask is permanent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my dear you are definitely prego! lol I swear after carrying twins, I don't think I can ever ride in a car again for longer than 30 min without needing a bathroom! I still sympathize with you there! I agree with Liz, I can't wait to hear posts when baby comes!!
    BTW- Any name decided yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megs-Yes! A name is in the works...I will release that very important news break in my next blog.
    Ems-People are finally starting to notice all on their own. It's pretty cool...but not everyone is all excited about it. You know? It's almost like some people treat you like you have a disease. What do you think that is about?

    ReplyDelete