Saturday, July 23, 2011

Father's Day



Even though Ken has celebrated several Father's Days already, there were still a couple of firsts to be celebrated this year! One of those firsts (that tickled Ken to death!) was that ALL of his children sent him a Father's Day card before the holiday. Normally cards trickle in over the course of a week after whatever holiday it is, but this time the kids did it up royal and got those cards in the mail right on time for Ken's big day! (Hey! It's the little things, ok?)

The second first (That sounds funny...) was that Christian was here to celebrate Father's Day with Ken (duh)! Ken isn't a big gift person. Usually, if he wants something, he buys it. Now, I will always take note of little things I hear him ask for so when a holiday comes along I can surprise him with presents he would usually consider "frivolous". And to emphasize how little we concentrate on possessions, let me just make note that I don't even remember what we bought Ken for father's day (It's been more than a month already!)...other than a very sweet book called, "I Love My Daddy" (check it out!). It's such a precious book all about Daddy and Christian and the special time they spend together; the simple things they do together that make their relationship so special.


We also took Ken out to eat his favorite food...sushi! Our family is crazy about sushi so when it's someone's special day and they get to choose where they want to eat, we're ALL excited! Here are some great pictures...

Christian holds chopsticks!
Playing with the chopsticks with Daddy...

Random Asian lady who insisted on holding Christian. I'm sure this is like, good luck or something. Like, maybe Christian will live 100 years now or something... No, but seriously, not enough people ask to hold other people's kids! I don't mind if people want to hold Christian...I would love for people to ask to hold him more! It's not a crime. But I guess germophobes have ruined it for all of us...
Black and white!
Mommy holds the baby AND eats sushi with chopsticks...now THAT'S what I call multitasking!
My two loves...Damn, my husband makes a good lookin' kid!
Mommy and Christian
In color!       
Daddy took his own photo shoot in the morning...he got some great shots including this special "Father's Day Smile"...
Stoic Christian
Coy Christian
We had a great day together as a family! Christian couldn't possibly have a better Daddy...nor could he have one who loved him as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment