Thursday, June 30, 2011

Big Day Out

About three weeks ago (yes! THREE weeks ago. I am so far behind on my blogging.) Christian had a super special playdate with two of his favorite ladies, Kylee and Lily. Ms.Lily invited us to her pool for a little dip-a-roo and then back to her place for some lunch and fun! Getting ready for Christian's playdate at the pool was no small task. No ma'am. Instead it was quite the ordeal for about five seconds...(Yup. Count 'em. FIVE SECONDS!)...of swimming.

I bought a bathing suit for Christian (Which btw, did ya know there are almost NO BATHING SUITS left out there for babies? Believe me. I know this for a fact.). And I bought a bathing suit for myself (I had to go to the special "whale" section in Macy's to accomplish that particular mission...) On top of which I bought Christian a float raft, sunscreen, a new towel with sharks on it (so friggin' cute), swimmies that are only about two sizes too big because the smallest ones they sell start at 16 pounds (Do people really not think that babies under 6 months go for a little swim?) and lunch for me. What can I say? We were definitely prepared for a day at the pool!

Unfortunately, there had been a rain storm the night before so the water was a little chilly. I think Christian was put off by the water temperature...it just wasn't to His Majesty's liking. Totally understandable. HOWEVER! There IS a bright side! We decided to go back to Stephanie's house (that's Lily's mom...) to play! Christian had a blast! He had so much fun! But why don't I let the pictures (and videos!) do the talking?

Wakey, wakey! Time for a fun day at the pool!
Dressed and ready for action!
Mommy blowing up Christian's special raft!
Ummm...yeah. The diaper debacle. His swimmies were way too big!
Stephanie and Ms.Lily
Mommy and Christian
Post meltdown nap for Kylee...Lily is wondering why in the heck her friends weren't big fans of the pool!
Post meltdown nap for Christian, too...
The Mommies...Katie, Stephanie and Stephanie
Back at Lily's house it was time time get dressed! Lily was fascinated by Kylee's pacifier. She tried stealing it from her all day long...
Kylee, Christian and Lily

While all the babies were being changed into dry clothes, madness ensued! It was hilarious...at least to me. Kylee's pitching a fit because she's hungry and Lily was intrigued by all the new things her guests had brought with them. Christian, however, amidst the madness, was obsessed with the fan. Christian had never seen a fan before (Yeah. We don't have fans in our house...we live in a barn, people.) This video is just a glimpse into what happens when you get babies together for a playdate.


"I'm just gonna see if I can reach in here real quick..."
"What!? What!? I was just gonna give her a hug! I swear!"
"How big is Lily?" "Sooooo big!"
Kylee and her Mommy, Katie

 Christian just loved Lily's swing! He thought it was so much fun! (notice Lily goin' for the paci...)
Sleeping (BY HIMSELF!) in the swing! He took an hour and half nap...

(Laser eye stare)
Stephanie's sweet Mom!
 After Christian woke up from his nap in the swing, we drove by Mimi's house. Mimi is like an adopted grandmother to me even though I don't get to see her half as much as I'd like to. She is always on the go with her husband, and since I live on the other side of town, this was her first time meeting Christian. He was so taken with her. It was love at first sight. Mimi is simply the loveliest southern bell you could ever hope to meet. She is so genuine and kind hearted. I even got a video of her telling us a story in her sweet southern accent!

Melts my heart...
We also stopped in to see Grandmother (another special grandma!). By this time, Christian was in meltdown mode. It had been a long day and he wasn't too excited about visiting with everyone like Mommy was! Oh well! At least we tried!
Along with Mimi and Grandmother, we also saw Mrs.Walker! I've known Mrs.Walker for almost 13 years! Mrs.Walker is just like Mimi and Grandmother in that she is a true southern sweetie. Unfortunately, she also got to see Christian's not-so-friendly side...but hey! At least we tried...


 We had such a fun day together and with all of our friends! Thanks to all of you for being a part of his life and mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment