Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Place I Want To Be...

Sometimes life gives you a gift. Sometimes you overcome adversity and all the odds that were set against you, and you end up in the place you want to be. Everybody has a different "house with a picket fence", but mine is rather simple.

I want a family full of love where the highlight of my day is the smile on my son's face when he wakes up in the morning. I want a husband who puts being a Daddy before being a man of the world. I want conversation that ranges from the daily adventures of my baby to the current political climate. I want to enjoy a hot cup of tea with the man I love on a quiet Saturday night. I want to fall asleep alongside my child and his father. And most of all, I want to give thanks to God for granting me all of these things...because he has.

I remember telling my husband before he was my husband that I wanted to be a Wife and a Mommy more than anything in the world. And I remember him telling me that I would be the best Mommy there ever was. I'm not sure that I am, but I do love being a Mom and Wife and I love the fact that my husband gracefully allows me to get up every day and try to be the best I can be.

Sure, life throws you a new obstacle every so often...it happens to the best of us...but what if you could die knowing you had everything you ever wanted? Wouldn't that be enough? Without the fancy house or car or well bred friends with lots of money, what have you really got? That's why I let what I want most in life define who I am. Because it's never the things you can touch that mean anything, it's the dream that you are living that means everything.

My dream come true...

2 comments: