Sunday, February 20, 2011

Christian's Pre-Birthday Bash

Christian is one lucky kid. I mean, he didn't even have to show up for his party and he still got a TON of goodies! Even more surprising than that, is that I had way too much fun opening his presents. I mean, who really thinks of opening someone else's presents as "a good time"? (I'm such an only child...can't you tell?)

Mrs.Fagan (one of my mom's best friends) announced that she would be throwing me a baby shower when she found out I was pregnant. You know how you know  those people who make Martha Stewart or Paula Dean look like schmucks? Well, Mrs.Fagan is one of those people. Everything she cooks or bakes tastes like something pulled down straight outta' heaven. If you give her a rock, she'll fashion you a quilt or something. She is an amazing homemaker, crafter and so much more. So when she insisted on throwing me a shower, how could I refuse? Not to mention, I have known Mrs.Fagan since I was 4 years old and she has watched me grow up, get married and now, get knocked up!  Mrs.Fagan also enlisted the help from a good friend of hers, Mrs.Ferguson (who has also known me since I was a kid and has watched me grow up).

Here are some pics from the shower. I have really hesitated to post these because I look HUGE. I swear I don't look this big in real life (and I am my own worst critic). But it's all about the moment. It's all about the amazing day and not so much about my big ass. You know? I'm just keepin' it real... 

Newborn Diapers...his first ones!
WIPES! Apparently you need lots of these...
Jessie is explaining what "gripe water" is...you can tell I have NO clue. I should have been taking notes.
Everyone's gotta have a carrier...Ken is so excited to "wear" our child.
Someone didn't get the "it's a boy" memo. That's ok. It's actually pretty funny.
Christian's play ummm...thing? Is that the name? Anyways, it is SO cool...
Stacy, my AMAZING note taker!
The present from my 7th grade teacher who I love dearly!
First present! The good ole' "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" onesie...

Aunt Nanette's gift...

Cute outfits!

Mrs.Fagan, Me, Grandma (Mom), Mrs.Ferguson
Aunt Sara, Aunt Chelsey and Big Mama
Reading the first card
The final result of Christian's good fortune!

Aunt Stacy's gift...complete with an outfit bearing an animal on the bum! Who doesn't love an animal pic on the bum!?!?!

Me explaining to everyone that half my registry was "copied" from my friend Katie's registry...so when she got me something that came from her registry I was super excited! Thanks for all the great ideas Katie!
A game where the only pre-requisite is that you have NO qualms about being embarrassed out of your mind. THANK YOU KATIE AND RONNIE FOR NOT GUESSING MY WAIST SIZE TO BE 150 INCHES!

My pretties! Aunt: Julie, Nanette, Stacy...ain't it great to have skinny friends? They'll be great motivation after Christian is born to get back in shape ASAP!

Marta and Anna Maria (my flower girl)...very special friends

Is there a reason we're taking pregnant lady pics in front of the food? Are you trying to say something? Huh???
"all natural" wipes from Aunt Chelsey along with some petroleum jelly for Christian's little schmeckel. It is very important that we all note that the wipes are "all natural"...right Chelsey?
Aunt Ronnie got Christian a musical giraffe and we discovered that both of us had the same musical turtles growing up as kids! Therefore, Christian must have the musical giraffe!
Sasquatch shirt from Aunt Sara. (def. Ken's favorite...and one of mine!)
Useful contraptions from Aunt Emily (who wasn't able to be there but was still sweet enough to send a present!)...I loved all the tried and tested gifts from my fellow mommies!
Sara, Chelsey and Big Mama
My Pretties: Julie, Sara, Veronnica, Stephanie with Ms.Lily, Me, Katie (who is also expecting!) and Stacy
Aunt: Katie, Stephanie and Veronnica

3 comments:

  1. That little singing caterpillar thing that you put in the crib was a big hit with Clayton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally had the same playmat for Kye and it's a HIT, Christian will LOVE it! those wipes were also my favorite for him :) i LOVE the decorations with the bibs - too cute! and I ADORE the basket to match his room! You have great taste - HATE that I missed it but glad I got to see it and I will for SURE be meeting Christian when he gets here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, good to know!
    Ems, I hate that you missed it too! But you were there in spirit...believe me!

    ReplyDelete