Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Download The Newest Update

The last time I updated my blog (regarding ME) was about two weeks ago...I think. Well, I am officially 8 months pregnant as of yesterday and I officially have my own zip code! No, just kidding. But I probably should have my own zip code...

I feel like there is a lot to say and then not so much to say all at the same time, you know? I mean, I have two more months to go and I keep wondering, "How much longer can I work like this?" and "How much longer until I can't put my own shoes on?" and "How much longer until I break down and buy an electric wheelchair?" These are serious questions one must ask oneself. But I am hanging in there...for now...

I did get some good news and some not-so-good news. What'd ya want first? The good or the bad? Well, let's go with the good first...I could use a dose of goods news. I DON'T HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES! Yeah, apparently when they tell you that whole thing about "not drinking or eating ANYTHING before your glucose test" they actually mean it! Weird! (I'm just sayin' maybe I had my usual cup of coffee before I went in for the test...coughcough-with-cream-and-sugar-coughcough.) 

Now for the bad news...so, I have always been anemic, right? (Seriously, name one woman who hasn't...) But apparently that combined with low platelets is a problem. So, I got a call saying that because my platelets are low, I am now considered high risk and have to see a special doctor. Naturally, when one is pregnant and one receives a call informing them of not-so-great-news they take it in stride and don't freak out, right? Anyone? (crickets chirping) WRONG! We're pregnant! You tell us something bad, we FREAK out! It's what WE DO! We're pregnant, ladies, and it is our GOD GIVEN RIGHT to FREAK OUT and DRAMATIZE EVERYTHING TO THE FULLEST EXTENT! (Don't believe me? Check out all the capital letters I just used to make a point while writing something...) In response, I automatically got online and self diagnosed.(WebMD and all sorts of fun scholarly articles about thrombocytopenia. And yeah, try to say that one 5 times fast...) Fabulous. And then I cried a little and THEN I had the really bad scary dreams at night. 

Obviously you can't live that way when you are pregnant. The baby feels everything you feel. (Actually, he probably felt more like his daddy and just wished I would get a grip???) So, I talked myself down (this took a couple of days), and I asked the doctor how low was "low" for platelets. As of Tuesday mine were still above 100...and after all my research online, 100 actually means 100,000 cubic mm. If it goes below 100, we have a problem (currently I am at 103). But if I hover around 100, it's not considered life threatening and is usually not passed on to the baby. 
So, that is my "news". Now, would you like some gore? Because what's pregnancy without a little gross-gory-nasty-poster child for abstinence type stuff, right?!?!?! Here's my list:

1) I can no longer stand up, look down and see my feet.
2) Therefore, I cannot actually "see" my vagina...
3) Or shave my legs without practicing some serious yoga moves.
4) It is a good idea to put socks on before putting pants on...I might not make it down there twice...
5) I'm not giving you any details per se, but if you are pregnant you WILL pee yourself. It will happen eventually and you just need to accept it. 

Mmmm! Yummy pregnancy, right?! Makes you wanna go out there and make a baby sandwich! Well, let's not forget that there is some fun stuff associated with babies. Like...decorating? Or shopping for baby clothes? Here are some pics of our "progress" in Christian's room...

We decided to keep the queen size bed in Christian's room because 1) The room in big enough for a bed, crib, changing table, rocking chair and small circus and 2) Ken had to cut a hole in the ceiling and push it through in order to get the bed upstairs...a feat not easily accomplished or easily undone. Plus, Christian will be in his bassinet beside our bed for at least the first few months AND Grandma Dennie is gonna need a place to sleep when she comes to stay with us after he is born. Therefore, the bed stays...and gets decorated to match his room!
Here is a close-up of the colors I picked out to match his Nantucket Blue theme. We were so lucky to find stuff that matched! (Deanna picked out the quilt and matching shams at Target for only $26.99! The white euro shams were $17.00/ea, the bedskirt was $35.00 and the blue blanket was $14.99...another find by Deanna! The yellow towels I ordered from Macy's on clearance for less than $20.00 for the set and they are Ralph Lauren!)
 
Christian's dresser with his name in block letters...the lamp will move beside the bed once we get a night stand. But isn't that lamp so cute?!? And it matches perfectly! (Deanna found it and it was only $14.99 at Target!)
 Mom couldn't pass this up! Plus, it has a frog on the bum...and who doesn't love a frog on the bum?

I got this for Ken, really. It says "Daddy's little co-pilot" and since Ken used to fly and what-not and still has an obsession with planes, I thought this was perfect...

Well, folks...that's about all I got. I am having pregnancy photos done tomorrow. My friend, Julie, won't take no for an answer even though I told her I am past the window of opportunity. If the pictures are good, I will post them on the next blog...if they are bad, you can catch them on the next episode of "Sasquatch: Mystery No More!"


4 comments:

  1. hate to tell ya but you'll only feel more and more gross! i think it's Gods way of preparing us for delivery b/c by the time he's ready to come out you'll want to rip him out of there!!! I LOVE the room...and I love the idea of keeping the bed in there! i used to babysit for a family that had the same set up and would use the bed as a changing station which i thought was smart. plus if you snooze during playtime you have a comfortable spot for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Y'all are seriously scaring me out of having a baby! I WAS catching "the fever" with all these babies being born so close together but, not so sure about it now so, thanks! I'm kidding! Anyways, I love the idea of matching the bed with the rest of the decor and I love your color scheme! I know you are so excited and I know you will be a great mom! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww Steph this is toooo cute!! Love christians bedroom. Your gonna be a great MOMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ems- that is exactly why we have it there!
    Becca- awwww...come on! It's not that bad...well, maybe it is...but it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete