Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 years and rollin'

As I head into week numero elevano (that was French for week number 11, of course!), I also head into year number 3 of my marriage.  Pretty cool, huh?  I couldn't think of anything special to get Ken for our anniversary, so I put a bun in the oven (with his help) that will be done cooking in about 6 months.  Thoughtful, huh?

What I have realized, especially during the past couple of months, is that having the right person standing beside you is so important. Want proof?  Read the following example:  I wake up this morning (definitely not feeling like P Diddy) and get on a 9:30 conference call.  During the conference call, my hubby makes me breakfast and coffee (I am allowed one cup, damnit!)...fabulous.  He feeds, waters and walks the dog.  He does laundry and picks up any loose articles that may have been thrown on the counter/floor from the night previous (not that I would ever do that!).  After my call, he waits patiently for me to decide what I want to do for the day.  First, I decide to take a nap.  Then, I can't sleep...(not that Ken was a big help in allowing me to sleep).  Then, I start crying because nothing in the closet fits me and I have nothing to wear (also, I am ugly and fat and homely and my hair roots are too long and why are there starving children in Africa blah blah blah...).  So what does my husband do during this HOUR LONG RANT!?!?!?  He waits, patiently, reassuring me that I am gorgeous and definitely NOT fat (liar...).  He holds me and rocks me back and forth until the crying stops and helps me pick out an outfit.  Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a great husband.

We have seen our serious ups and our serious downs.  But I will never find someone who loves me more and is more committed to my true well being.  Our love has been tried and tested, but I don't believe there is any other couple made for each other the way we are.  You tell me how a 20-something year old and an over 40-something year old (I won't reveal Ken's age...his feelings about my well being might change suddenly if I do...) can stay together for as long as we have and create such a wonderful life together?  It's because we are meant to be.  And I am so thankful for that blessing. 

Sorry this isn't a crazy maternity blog, but I have to give credit where credit is due.  And Ken, if it weren't for you, this pregnancy wouldn't even be possible (I feel like the Georgia Public Broadcasting channel...weird).  I love you, baby!

Week 11...post-traumatic-outfit-picking-out-disorder...

No comments:

Post a Comment