Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mommy, I'm Ready For My Close-Up!

So, you wanna see the world's cutest kid? (Not that I'm partial or anything)...

(Deep announcer voice) Then feast your eyes on what can only be described as a masterful collection of photography! Not because of the photographer, no; but because of the subject. With the physique of a Greek goddette and eyes as piercing as the sun, Christian Clark poses in seven amazing photos that are sure to have you on the edge of your seat with anticipation! Without further ado, HERE...IS...CHRISTIAN!









Ok, so enough of the silly voice! Let me just tell you about this photo shoot. I originally set the appointment up for 10 o'clock in the morning on April 6th. I was so excited to be able to get an appointment at the last minute (Or maybe they just made an exception for the world's cutest kid? Hmmm...I wonder...) But then I got a call from the photographer who said we would have more time if we pushed the appointment back to 4 o'clock in the afternoon. "Ok!", I said (without thinking).

So we showed up at 4pm ready to go, and Christian was kind enough to show off his drama skills. See, Christian has been practicing this short, high pitched squeal that lets you know you're bothering him. That, combined with his laser eye glare really impressed the ladies taking the pictures! Yup. My kid was wide awake and in rare form at 4pm. We got none of the sleepy newborn baby pictures that Anne Geddes seems to produce without effort (I bet she keeps a handy supply of NyQuil readily available during her photo shoots...just sayin'). But it was pretty funny! I mean, the lady would move him and he would glare at her and squeal. At first I was pretty frustrated, but then I just thought the whole thing was pretty humorous. I mean, what could I do? Be angry? So, I tried nursing him to get him to calm down and what do you think he did once we were ready to try again? You guessed it! He threw up all over the set! When the ladies tried to position his body, hands, arms, feet in adorable little poses he would do the exact opposite of said poses. BUT! Despite his best efforts to sabotage the photo shoot, we got some great shots and we learned to always schedule pictures at 10 o'clock in the morning when Christian is sleeping like the dead! Lesson learned.

(And let me just say that I love the fact that my son is overly dramatic. I don't know where in the world he gets that from. Probably Ken's side of the family...*wink*)

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I like the awake baby pictures!! I was opposite. I tried to estimate a time of day when I knew they would be awake for pics, and they always slept through them!!

    ReplyDelete