Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

On October 6th (Mommy's birthday!), we headed back from the mountains with the sole intent of visiting the pumpkin patch! I love pumpkin patches...I remember going to them when I was a kid, and I always loved the smell, the food, the dirt and the pumpkins (of course!). I wanted Christian to experience a pumpkin patch (no matter how limited his first experience might be).

Grandma met us (Myself, Christian, Ken, Marcella and Pat...) at Corn Dawgs in Loganville (a huge Pumpkin Patch that really borders more along the lines of "theme park" where they take every kid's parent's money until every parent within the tri-county area is broke and all they have to show for it is a mangy pumpkin and a few good photo ops). BUT! Can you believe that the pumpkin patch was closed during the week!?!?!?  (It'sOctober, people!) However, we were told that we could walk through the pumpkin patch and look and take some pictures. Soooooo...we did!
Interesting...verrrrry interesting....
Yay! Time with Grandma!
And my big sissy!
What's this prickly stuff all about?
Hey, Mom!
Not too sure about these orange things...
House Of Pumpkin
His Majesty demands better transportation...this simply will not do!
Christian was a little obsessed with the prickly hay...until he lay down in it and realized it didn't feel as cool as it looked!
My two favorite boys!
Driving the tractor!
Standing all by himself! What a big man!
Annnnnnd...I may have a slight confession. BUT! I totally paid for my misdoings... You see, when the workers told us we could "walk around", I took that as a free pass to enjoy the zip lines, swings, slides and pretty much everything else you have to pay for during normal business hours. However, as I said, I totally paid for it. Waiting at the bottom of the big slide was a puddle of mud with MY name on it. Fabulous.

Anyhow, Christian's first pumpkin patch experience was amazing! Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment