Monday, May 9, 2011

The First of Many

When I was a little girl (and even to this day), I would always ask my mom what she wanted for Mother's Day. She would always say (and still does), "Nothing, dear. A card would be nice." And I would always get so frustrated. I would want her to name something-anything-that she would enjoy on her special day. A card just didn't seem like enough. I would have given her the world!

But now, I get it. I understand why the card and the message inside were enough; because the words are forever written on your heart.

Dear Mommy, 

Daddy said he would help me with this card because I was having some trouble writing it myself.

I wanted to tell you that I am the luckiest baby in the world because you are my mommy. I wanted you to know that you make everything o.k. when you hold me and when you talk to me. And that when I hear your voice, I know that everything will be alright. I know that when I am hungry you will feed me and when I am upset, you will comfort me. And when I am near you in the big bed, I can sleep because I know you are there with me.


I am also lucky because you feed me the very best milky-milk that you make for me yourself. Daddy says it's the super smart milk that only a loving Mommy can make. When Daddy holds me, he tells me that you are the greatest Mom ever and that you love me more than anything or anybody in the whole world and that I am your little Prince. 


So I wanted to give you this card on Mother's Day to say thank you for giving me life. Thank you for nourishing me with your own body and letting me sleep with you in the big comfy beddy-bye. And thank you for loving scruffy ole Daddy.


You're the best Mommy Ever.

Love,
Christian
Daddy took pictures of me and Christian's special snuggle time
He's the best cuddler in the whole wide world
So in love
Christian and Daddy even got me some super thoughtful presents. But after that letter, everything paled in comparison. Even the chocolate wasn't as good...but I ate it anyway because I'm a trooper like that!

My beautiful sea turtle necklace as a reminder of Christian and his totem. So beautiful. 
My first "Mommy Bracelet Charm"! Ken says that every Mommy needs a Mommy bracelet! (I think what he was trying to say is that it's ok if I wear tacky Mommy things because I'm a Mommy!)
Christian was so excited to watch me open my presents! We had to tell him to calm down like, 50 times...
My Mother's Day gifts. (The best one is sleeping on the left...)
Waiting to eat at Outback
Biiiiiig Stretch!
I am so thankful for my son. He is a little piece of heaven that I could never possibly deserve...that is why he is my redemption.

And as for my husband who put so much thought into my special day, I could never ask for more in a companion, lover, friend. Thank you for delving into this journey with me; for believing in me enough to be a mother. That alone...your faith in me...is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment