Monday, May 9, 2011

Prince Prints

If you're a mom, then you probably got a baby hand/foot print kit when you had a baby shower. When you got the kit you probably thought, "Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to imprint my child's hands and feet on some impervious material that will last forever and frame for posterity...

And how hard can it be right? Just a dollop of dark ink on those cute little digits and bam! artwork...Well let's see, shall we count how many items in my bedroom that are now headed for the laundry?  And you'd think the little Prince would want to finger paint, or try his hand at some creative graffiti, or at the very least, just cooperate because it was Mother's Day weekend and he loves his Mommy.  Nope... None of the above.  Little Christian wanted to ink up, clench up and dare me to straighten his fingers.

It goes without saying that his feet were a little easier so I do have a couple of fairly decent footprints. But it will take our friends at CSI to find a match on these fingerprints.  In fact, with the tight fists he was making and the way he was swinging them around, he may be better suited for the boxing ring than the artist's pallet.
Foot Prints? Not so bad.

Perhaps it we photoshop all the above we might get one good hand print...

No Daddy, I'm not touching that paper!

Silly Daddy, you're making a mess!

I told you.

Ha Ha, give up yet?

5 comments:

  1. lol That is seriously adorable!! I never attempted the stamp kind, I hold the clay molding type, which might have been a little easier, but still a challenge!!!
    He is precious, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorbs!! His little feet prints are so sweet. Looks like you got a few good hand prints there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kid is over 2 years old and I JUST did his first foot print (made a stepping stone for my mom for mothers day!) I want a stamp kit like this...I love it! def gonna find it to register when Blizten is born :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan-we have one of those too! I don't know why I chose the stamp kind first...But we use the stamp pad as Christian's "signature" when he sends people cards. So usually we do an imprint of his foot inside a card. I dunno, it just makes it more personable.

    Amanda-we did get some! It certainly was a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... I always thought you were supposed to stamp when he was asleep... ;)

    ReplyDelete