Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Solid Start (The Remix)

There is a time for everything and everything has a time...that's how the expression goes, right? No? Well, you get the idea. What I am trying to say is that Christian is ready for some solids! How do I know? Because at dinner tonight, he tried to eat his Bumbo seat. Really. I'm not kidding...he tried to eat his Bumbo seat while watching Ken and I eat our meals.

After our last ordeal with solids, I decided to follow my La Leche book to the T when introducing solids...again.

Step 1) Offer food to him during the family meal time.
Step 2) Hold the spoon sideways to his lips and let him lip the food into his mouth. Coax him to eat just like when you breastfeed...don't force him, but offer.
Step 3) Let him put the food in his mouth. If it gets messy, so be it! Babies who feed themselves are less messy in the long run. (And honestly, we're at home, so it doesn't matter anyway!)
Step 4) Put the baby in the bathtub ASAP!


Christian LOVE, LOVE, LOVED his organic spinach and carrots!


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! that messy boy!!! too cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooo much fun! And I could care less about being messy! haha! Poor Ken!

    ReplyDelete