Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Under(pants) Progress...

Ahhh...pregnancy! A glorious time in a woman's life when she can celebrate the life growing within her and dream about the child soon to be had! Right? Anyone? Hello?

Ok, ok! So I was NOT the most pleasant pregnant woman. Hell, I was miserable! But part of that can definitely be attributed to the fact that I gained a whopping 65 pounds. Yeah. I have no shame. I'll admit it. And it wasn't exactly my fault. I mean, if Christian had not had a craving for ice cream every day, I wouldn't have eaten it every day. (And, for the record, I have no idea how this child didn't weigh 12 pounds at birth...)

HOWEVER! Guess what? I have lost 40 of the 65 pounds! I am back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight! When I got pregnant I was super skinny because I had just lost 25 pounds (Murphy's Law...). And I feel I can best represent my weight loss, and my future weight loss, with this picture...


From right to left...
The Institution Panty: Super comfy and super durable. Amazing stretch capacity. Will not arouse sexual attention from husband (unless removed). After one has lost enough weight, The Institution Panty will: bunch up in pants, sag in bottom, not arouse sexual attention from husband (unless removed). 

The "Look-I-Can-Fit-Into-Semi-Cute-Undies" Panty: Also comfy and durable. A slight bit less stretch capacity. Small embellishment and/or color other than white improves chances of sexual attention from husband (chances also improve upon removal).

The "I-May-Be-A-Mom-But-I-Look-Like-A-Sexy-CoEd-In-These-Little-Things" Panty: Comfy only if you are a waif. Durable? Who cares. Stretch capacity? Not much, unless you like rolls hanging over sides. The "I-May-Be-A-Mom-But-I-Look-Like-A-Sexy-CoEd-In-These-Little-Things" panties will ensure sexual attention from husband.

So now you see where I have been, where I am, and where I'm headed. My goal is to be at 130 by January. That is where I was happiest and felt the best about myself. 

I know weight is only a number...but it wasn't about the number for me; it was about the feeling. I want to be fit and I want Christian to understand the importance of being healthy.

I can use all the support I can get! I am committing to three days MINIMUM in the gym per week and will tack down a meal plan in a week or so. I find that being accountable is super motivating. Updates to follow! Any words of wisdom, support, tips, etc. are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. you are SO funny! I LOVE this!!!! it's so true that our size can be perfectly described by our panties...good for you for losing that much weight!!!!! AWESOME! keep it up girl!!!!! come visit me in your itty bitty bikini next summer so you can motivate me to lose whatever baby weight i'm sure i'll still be rockin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby weight???? You mean the TWO pounds you've gained so far??? LOL

    ReplyDelete