Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Very Dairy

 While we were on vacation in Ohio we made a little pit stop at a dairy called Toft's. When my family vacationed in Port Clinton, Toft's was a 20 minute drive into Sandusky. The ice cream there was the best ice cream I'd ever had in my entire life...and it still is!

I always remembered the ice cream cones being being ginormous and super cheap. They give you about 5 scoops of ice cream for $3...and that's their SMALL! So, of course, when I suggested going for the large, all of the associates gathered round and began daring me (and some even warned me against it)...it was pretty funny. I opted for the small after all was said and done (I didn't want to embarrass Ken...I could just hear the peanut gallery's thoughts, "Oh look at that handsome man with the fat wife. She probably didn't need to order the large ice cream cone...she'll never lose that baby weight!"...)

Because it was a special trip, I wanted Christian to try the ice cream...just a little bit. I don't think he liked it at all. How about you?


I'm afraid Christian may suffer from the same disease as his mommy...eat-a-ton-of-ice-cream-itis...it's a horrible affliction in which the victim wants ice cream after every meal and sometimes in between.

One of the coolest things about the dairy (Besides the fact that they had the nicest, most helpful, genuine staff ever! Even after I chose my ice cream flavors, I wanted to try the blueberry pie ice cream, so the manager told the associate to put an extra scoop on top of my already huge ice cream cone!) was that they used windmills to help power their plant! And you know Ken loves it since he is a professor of alternate energy! I snapped a shot just for Ken.

We had such a great time at Toft's! Our next visit can't come soon enough! (Just ask Christian...)

No comments:

Post a Comment